The KDE community released the beta version of the upcoming Plasma 5.26 desktop today.
KDE Plasma 5.26 will be available next month, while today’s beta can be used to help test new/improved functionality. Among the many changes to be found with KDE Plasma 5.26 beta are:
– Plasma 5.26 introduces “Plasma Bigscreen” as a user interface optimized for use with TV or other large screens. Plasma Bigscreen has Aura browser optimized for large screens, Plank player to play media content well in such environments and various other features.
Large plasma screen
– A number of Discover Software Center enhancements can be found with Plasma 5.26 for app content ratings, a “Share” button on app pages, and more.
– Easier preview of desktop wallpapers from KDE system settings.
– Support for keyboard navigation in more system settings applets and various other system settings improvements.
– KDE Plasma 5.26 Wayland support is further refined. Plasma Wayland session can now handle adjusting input area mapping of a graphics tablet, better handling of compositor/app scaling per app, disabling middle click paste under Wayland is now possible and other fixes.
Downloads and more details about KDE Plasma 5.26 Beta via KDE.org.