A new Horizon Forbidden West update is now available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, bringing numerous fixes and improvements to gameplay, interface and graphics.
Update 1.06 introduces many fixes for issues found in Main Quests and Side Quests.
- Fixed an issue in the “Reach for the Stars” main quest where Varl could get stuck swimming, resulting in a missing prompt for [Examine the Machine Carcass] at the Glinthawk Observation Site, blocking further progress.
- Fixed an issue in the “Reach for the Stars” main quest where Varl would visibly teleport after the Focus scan tutorial.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Reach for the Stars” where Aloy could get stuck in a falling animation when grabbing a collapsing climbing point and using the Pullcaster on a grapple point at the same time time.
- Fixed an issue in the “Reach for the Stars” main quest where there was a sudden change in sunlight when Aloy passed through a certain spot inside the shuttle tower.
- Fixed an issue in the “Death’s Door” main quest where reloading from a certain save would cause the Firegleam explosion to replay.
- Fixed an issue in the Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where Aloy and her companions were snowed in inside the cauldron.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where Kotallo could sometimes get distracted and walk away from the task at hand, which could block progress.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where Aloy was placed in an unintended pose when reloading a certain save.
- Fixed an issue in main quest “The Kulrut” where an objective marker led to a blocked path.
- Fixed an issue in the “Seeds of the Past” main quest where Alva sometimes couldn’t reach the console, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in the “Seeds of the Past” main quest where reloading the save after killing the machines outside Elm Test Station would spawn Aloy stuck in the ground.
- Fixed an issue in the “Singularity” Main Quest where reloading a certain save game would cause a certain line of dialogue to play incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue in “The Blood Choke” side quest where Atekka would not move when needed, thus blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in “The Promontory” side quest where reloading from a save after the “Investigate the Bridge” objective would place the player in Plainsong.
- Tempered the vigilance of the machines in the side quest “The Wound in the Sand”, so that they no longer enter a suspicious state immediately after reloading from a certain save.
- Fixed an issue in the “A Tribe Apart” side quest where reloading a save created after opening the Metal Flower in Riverwatch would cause the vines to reappear.
The new Horizon Forbidden West update also fixes some world activities and interface issues, such as a haptic feedback issue on Playstation 5 and more.
- Fixed an infinite black screen that occurred after hiding the Champion’s Spear and then starting a tutorial or challenge in Chainscrape Melee Pit, or a fixed loadout challenge in Arena.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron Mu where a platform at the end of the cauldron could arrive late, trapping the player below.
- Fixed an issue in The Stillsands: Pristine Bellowback Salvage Contract where the incorrect machine corpse would appear when reloading from save after defeating the machine.
- Fixed an issue in Machine Strike where the player was no longer able to attack after choosing to repeat unit combat power instructions.
- Fixed an issue in Machine Strike where the compass would appear on screen after the player retried a match they lost.
- Fixed an issue where a wild loading screen could appear in the Arena menu, after returning from a challenge.
- Fixed an issue where Scavenger Machines would not spawn after killing other types of machines in certain habitats.
- Fixed an issue with dome views where icons were not displaying correctly after reloading from a save.
- Fixed an issue in Salvage Contract: The Lost Supplies where the quest could not be turned in under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue with the track “The World on His Shoulders” repeating if the player used fast travel after climbing a signal tower. Please note that this is not resolved for players who have experienced this issue before, we are investigating a separate fix for this.
User Interface/User Experience
- Removed haptic feedback when standing next to a campfire and when fast moving if vibration intensity sliders are set to 0.
- Fixed an issue where a Vista image would appear in front of a Black Box collectible in the menu.
Horizon Forbidden West 1.06 update also improves graphics, fixes some visual issues, improves visual differentiation of attack and movement indicators in Machine Strike, reduces noise on screen space ambient occlusion , etc
- Fixed multiple instances of objects in the world appearing visibly between different LODs.
- Fixed an issue in photo mode where parts of Aloy’s outfit and body would become blurry in certain poses.
- Improved the visual differentiation of attack and movement indicators in Machine Strike.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with the underwater cubemap.
- Fixed an issue where a blurry artifact was visible around the Heavy Crossbow when using it in combat.
- Fixed several cases where the camera was shaking and behaving unintentionally.
- Several craftable quest items had the incorrect model in the Workshop UI, these have now been replaced with the final assets.
- Fixed an issue with Parallax Mapped Foam removing the variable pitch scale in favor of a constant value; when the original dynamic input value became too high, it began to separate the parallax layers. To fix bad layer separation at gaze angles, the height scale is set by a bit of Fresnel-based logic.
- Fixed several instances of NPCs in settlements not displaying the correct level of detail when playing the PS4 version of the game.
- Fixed an issue in the Chainscrape Tavern where moving the camera to a certain location would cause sudden lighting changes.
- Improved noise reduction on screen space ambient occlusion.
- Reduced the intensity of the vignette screen effect when activating Valor Surges and when Aloy was at low health.
Performance and stability
- Several crash fixes.
- Fixed several resources visibly spawning or streaming during cutscenes.
- Fixed several unintended loading screens/black screens that were triggering at specific points.
- Aloy won’t mention her reservation as often as before.
- Multiple localization fixes and text alignment fixes.
- Multiple visual and audio improvements to cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy would freeze in a specific pose when switching weapons during a Charged Heavy Melee Attack.
- Fixed an issue where remapping primary fire controls to R1 would prevent the player from throwing rocks.
- The spear impact when using “Strike From Above” was missing a sound effect which has now been added.
- Fixed an issue where the player would lose control of Aloy if she sprinted and slid through the water at a specific location in the ruins north of Landfall.
- Fixed an issue with the camera during the end credits.
- Fixed several instances of the mount behaving erratically in specific locations when driving on roads.
Horizon Forbidden West is available now on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 worldwide. You can read more about the game by checking out Alessio’s review.