Apogee has announced the availability of the February 2022 update (Release 1.2 part II) for its flagship home studio audio interface, Symphony Desktop. This release includes Apogee Control 2 software and Symphony Desktop firmware updates which provide Opto-3A, ModEQ 6 and ModComp to hardware DSP, Apogee Channel FX plug-in and all optical inputs. This brings the entire suite of Apogee DSP FX hardware to the Symphony Desktop touchscreen! It also enables the full DualPath workflow with DSP/native hardware versions of all Apogee FX plugins (Apogee FX native plugins sold separately).
Audio interface that offers hardware DSP and native plugin workflows
Symphony Desktop is the only audio interface that lets you record, monitor, mix and master using the Apogee DSP plugin on your interface and the same native plugins in your DAW. You can even use Apogee plugins on the go, no audio interface hardware or dongle required. This DualPath hybrid workflow now includes 6 premium Apogee plugins, all accessible on the Symphony Desktop touchscreen and in your DAW.
What’s included in this version
- Apogee ModEQ 6, ModComp, and Opto-3A plug-ins are now fully supported in the Apogee Channel FX plug-in wrapper for Symphony Desktop.
- Full control of all Apogee Hardware DSP DualPath plugins from the Symphony Desktop touchscreen.
- All Apogee Hardware DSP plugins are now available on all 8* optical inputs (*8 using ADAT, 4 using SMUX, 2 using S/PDIF), including:
- Symphony ECS channel strip
- Pultec EQP-1A
- Pultec MEQ-5
- All DSP hardware versions of Apogee FX plugins are included in this upgrade for free for existing users
- Native versions of Apogee FX plugins (except native Symphony ECS Channel Strip – included with purchase) are sold separately
● macOS 10.14.6 or later
● Mac Intel and M1 processors
● Windows 10 20H1 or higher
● PACE iLok account for Apogee Control 2 software and Apogee plugins
● AAX Native, AU (Mac only), VST or VST 3 compatible host application
This update is now available free of charge to existing Symphony Desktop customers and new customers who register their Symphony Desktop on the Apogee website.
Click here for more